Ice Skating in Downtown Raleigh--Great Places in the Region

I saw Mary Newsome's blog post about "What Are Our Great Places" in the Charlotte area (http://marynewsom.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-are-our-great-places.html) and got to thinking I might be able to put something together for the Raleigh-Durham region. The ice rink photo got me started, really.

I finally made it down to our outdoor ice rink on Fayetteville Street in downtown Raleigh a few weeks ago. It's in the newly opened plaza on the south end of downtown. As the sun went down and all the city lights came on, people headed over from the Starbucks and the Krispy Kreme with hot cups of cocoa and coffee.

I have to drive in from Cary, but I will argue that there isn't enough residential downtown to drive all the businesses...yet. Maybe someday I can ride the train in from downtown Cary http://dc.streetsblog.org/2010/01/13/big-transit-news-bush-era-rule-tossed-enviro-benefits-on-the-table/ since the New Starts change is what killed the train a few years back.

Comments